2005/08/24

Feynman on Uncertainty

"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I do not know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask 'why we are here?' and what the question might mean. I might think about it a little bit if I can figure it out then I go into something else. But I don't have to know an answer. I don't have ... I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which it the way it really is as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me." The fear many people have seems to be at the root of their religion. Eliminate the fear and one of the roots is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home